Monday April 24th: RePurpose It Contest
Monday, April 24th
4th Annual RePurpose It Contest! Entries must contain an items that has been repurposed to make something new.
What is the Repurpose It Contest?
- To repurpose an item or material, take an item that is no longer serving its original purpose and transform it into something else useful.
- You might turn a cardboard box and some leftover fabric into a cute storage bin, turn some pallets into a composting container, a plastic bottle into a bird feeder, or some jeans into a rug. The possibilities are endless, so have fun with your creation!
How To Enter:
- Email us a photo of your project to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief description.
- Eligible photos must be submitted by April 14th, 2017. No exceptions.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your entry when it is submitted.
Rules & Guidelines:
- You may not submit an entry that you have previously submitted for the Earth Week Repurpose It contest.
- Submitting your photo to email@example.com us permission to post it on UNMC Today, Nebraska Medicine NOW, the LiveGreen website, and/or UNMC/Nebraska Medicine Facebook pages.
- Photos and items created need to be able to be posted under UNMC and Nebraska Medicine guidelines; anything deemed otherwise may not be eligible for voting.
- If more than one employee or student worked on the project please submit all names with the entry. One prize will be awarded per entry, to be shared.
- You may submit as many entries as you like, but you will only be eligible for one prize.
- Items previously entered cannot be re-entered.
- Winners will be determined by popular vote, as well as special judges (TBD).
- If your entry uses something from the Med Center recycling stream, you will receive an extra 3 votes! This item absolutely cannot be anything that could be considered hazardous, biohazardous, or universal waste. It must be something safe for you to repurpose.
- In your email submission, you must note the item you repurposed to receive credit.
- Item must truly be part of the entry.
- You may repurpose multiple items, but will only receive extra votes for 1 item.
- Take good pictures! Make sure people can see what you have done.
- Consider submitting before and after photos.
- Your description should state what the item being repurposed was originally and what it is now.
- You don’t have to be a master carpenter or seamstress to enter or win. Some of the best projects are simple or unique projects that will inspire others to repurpose something in their own home.
- Visit the LiveGreen Pinterest page (under LiveGreen Nebraska) for ideas, inspiration, and helpful tricks.
- Voting will take place online beginning Monday April 24th. Voting will be open for 36 hours to allow for personnel on all shifts to vote.
- To vote, click on the survey link which will be added to the top of this page and select your favorite.
- All entrants will receive notification of the winners via email during Earth Week. Winners will be announced via Nebraska Medicine NOW and UNMC Today.
- Grand Prize: Winner of Popular Vote to receive 20 minute chair massage from the Wellness Center ($20 Value) and $25 Gift Card to Union Junktion Store.
- Second Place: $20 HyVee giftcard provided by Sodexo
- Third Place: UNMC hot/cold tumbler, Bobble filtering water bottle, and a 8GB USB drive
- 2 Winners selected by LiveGreen Ambassadors:
- 1 will receive a $25 gift certificate to The Company Store
- 1 will recieve a $25 gift certificate from the UNMC Bookstore