Heartland B-cycle is a bike sharing service with about 70 stations in the Omaha area. Heartland B-cycle offers both manual and electric bikes (electric bikes have an electric motor that propels you forward as you pedal). This service is a particularly great resource for individuals who are active commuters, as it can be a great trip connector from the bus station to campus, or to other locations when you have a meeting during the day.
How to Use Heartland BCycle
- Select a membership and create an account on the Heartland BCycle website.
- To find a station close to you, you can download the Heartland B-cycle app, or go to the website. Below is a map of stations closest to the Med Center. The number on each blue station indicator is the number of bikes at that specific station. If the blue station indicator has a lightning bolt, that means that the station has an electric bike available. Locations on the 42nd and Dewey campus are:
- 42nd and Dewey; in front of the College of Nursing
- 45th and Emile; in front of the Durham Research Centers
- 44th and Farnam; in front of Doctors North
- 40th and Leavenworth; at the Field Club Trailhead
- 39th and Jackson; between Maurer Center for Public Health and Student Life Center
- 40th and Farnam; south of Midtown Health Center
There are also stations at Midtown Crossing, UNO, throughout Blackstone, Aksarben, downtown, and more.
- You can then choose from several methods to unlock the bicycle you would like to use including:
- Scanning a credit card sized pass you receive in the mail upon registering.
- Downloading the app.
- Return it to any station when you finish your ride!