RePurpose It Contest Monday, April 25th
Monday, April 25th:
3rd Annual RePurpose It Contest! We have lots of prizes to give away, so start preparing your entry now! Entries must contain an items that has been repurposed to make something new.
NEW THIS YEAR: If your entry uses something from the Med Center recycling stream, you will receive an extra 5 votes! See Rules & Guidelines for more information.
What is the Repurpose It Contest?
- To repurpose an item or material, take an item that is no longer serving its original purpose and transform it into something else useful.
- You might turn a cardboard box and some leftover fabric into a cute storage bin, turn some pallets into a composting container, a plastic bottle into a bird feeder, or some jeans into a rug. The possibilities are endless, so have fun with your creation!
How To Enter:
- Email us a photo of your project to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief description.
- Eligible photos must be submitted between March 22nd – April 15, 2016. No exceptions.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your entry when it is submitted.
Rules & Guidelines:
- You may not submit an entry that you have previously submitted for the Earth Week Repurpose It contest.
- Submitting your photo to email@example.com us permission to post it on UNMC Today, Nebraska Medicine NOW, the LiveGreen website, and/or UNMC/Nebraska Medicine Facebook pages.
- Photos and items created need to be able to be posted under UNMC and Nebraska Medicine guidelines; anything deemed otherwise may not be eligible for voting.
- If more than one employee or student worked on the project please submit all names with the entry. One prize will be awarded per entry, to be shared.
- You may submit as many entries as you like, but you will only be eligible for one prize.
- Winners will be determined by popular vote, as well as special judges. The LiveGreen Committee, the Union Junktion, Habitat for Humanity ReStore, and Verdis Group will all award prizes for favorite entries.
- **New This Year: If your entry uses something from the Med Center recycling stream, you will receive an extra 5 votes! This item absolutely cannot be anything that could be considered hazardous, biohazardous, or universal waste. It must be something safe for you to repurpose.
- In your email submission, you must note the item you repurposed to receive credit.
- Item must truly be part of the entry.
- You may repurpose multiple items, but will only receive extra votes for 1 item.
- Take good pictures! Make sure people can see what you have done.
- Consider submitting before and after photos.
- Your description should state what the item being repurposed was originally and what it is now.
- You don’t have to be a master carpenter or seamstress to enter or win. Some of the best projects are simple or unique projects that will inspire others to repurpose something in their own home.
- Visit the LiveGreen Pinterest page (under LiveGreen Nebraska) for ideas, inspiration, and helpful tricks.
- Voting will take place online on Monday April 25th. Voting will be open for 24 hours to allow for personnel on all shifts to vote.
- To vote, click on the survey link which will be added to the top of this page and select your favorite.
- All entrants will receive notification of the winners via email during Earth Week. Winners will be announced via Nebraska Medicine NOW and UNMC Today.
- Grand Prize: Winner of Popular Vote to receive 20 minute chair massage from the Wellness Center ($20 Value) and $25 Gift Card to Union Junktion Store.
- Second Place: $25 Gift Card from Paradigm Gardens
- Winner selected by Habitat for Humanity Restore: Habitat Restore $25 gift certificate
- 2 Winners selected by LiveGreen Committee: 1 will receive a gift certificate to The Company Store, the other will receive a giftbag full of items from the UNMC Bookstore
- Winner selected by Verdis Group: ALTER EGO personal water filtration duo, courtesy of Pulp–Paperie and Gifts