RePurpose It Contest
2020 RePurpose It Contest Winners:
1st place, Merrilou Klug, bicycle wheel trellis, wins $25 gift certificate to The Company Store.
*Merrilou also had the wagon wheel fire wood stack which did great in voting too, but she can only win once!
2nd place, Debi Griffith, old piano pieces holds jewelry, wins a spring/green thumb basket from Union Junktion ($25 value)
3rd place, Debbie Vidlak, table legs and old window become new desk, wins $25 UNMC Bookstore gift certificate.
The RePurpose It Contest is back! Entries must contain an items that has been repurposed to make something new.
What is the Repurpose It Contest?
- To repurpose an item or material, take an item that is no longer serving its original purpose and transform it into something else useful.
- You might turn a cardboard box and some leftover fabric into a cute storage bin, turn some pallets into a composting container, a plastic bottle into a bird feeder, or some jeans into a rug. The possibilities are endless, so have fun with your creation!
How To Enter:
- Email us a photo of your project to email@example.com along with a brief description.
- Eligible photos must be submitted by April 6th, 2020. No exceptions.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your entry when it is submitted.
Rules & Guidelines:
- You may not submit an entry that you have previously submitted for the Earth Month Repurpose It contest.
- Submitting your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org gives us permission to post it on UNMC Today, Nebraska Medicine NOW, the LiveGreen website, and/or UNMC/Nebraska Medicine Facebook pages.
- Photos and items created need to be able to be posted under UNMC and Nebraska Medicine guidelines; anything deemed otherwise may not be eligible for voting.
- If more than one employee or student worked on the project please submit all names with the entry. One prize will be awarded per entry, to be shared.
- You may submit as many entries as you like, but you will only be eligible for one prize.
- Items previously entered cannot be re-entered.
- Winners will be determined by popular vote.
- Take good pictures! Make sure people can see what you have done.
- Consider submitting before and after photos.
- Your description should state what the item being repurposed was originally and what it is now.
- You don’t have to be a master carpenter or seamstress to enter or win. Some of the best projects are simple or unique projects that will inspire others to repurpose something in their own home.
- Visit the LiveGreen Pinterest page (under LiveGreen Nebraska) for ideas, inspiration, and helpful tricks.
- Voting will take place online.
- To vote, click on the survey link which will be added to the top of this page and select your favorite.
- All entrants will receive notification of the winners via email during Earth Month. Winners will be announced via Nebraska Medicine NOW and UNMC Today.
$25 gift certificate to UNMC Bookstore
$25 gift certificate to The Company Story
Spring/Green Thumb basket from Union Junktion