RePurpose It Contest
This year’s RePurpose It Contest entries are in!
Click here to see all of the entries!
The RePurpose It Contest is back—with a twist! We have prizes to give away, and are excited to see your creativity!
NEW THIS YEAR This year’s entries must repurpose the periodical storage items that are no longer being used by the McGoogan Library. They can be modified, combined with something else, and/or used as is, but to qualify for the contest they must be used for something other than magazines or periodicals. See Rules & Guidelines for more information.
Missed the pickup event at the Library? We have plenty for you (even if you don’t want to enter the contest). Email LiveGreen@unmc.edu to arrange pickup.
What is the RePurpose It Contest?
- To repurpose an item or material, take an item that is no longer serving its original purpose and transform it into something else useful.
- Repurposing is a great way to get use out of an item and conserve resources.
How To Enter:
- Email us a photo of your project to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief description.
- Eligible photos must be submitted between March 18th – April 1st, 2019. No exceptions.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your entry when it is submitted.
Rules & Guidelines:
- Submitting your photo to email@example.com gives us permission to post it on UNMC Today, Nebraska Medicine NOW, the LiveGreen website, and/or UNMC/Nebraska Medicine Facebook pages.
- Photos and items created need to be able to be posted under UNMC and Nebraska Medicine guidelines; anything deemed otherwise may not be eligible for voting.
- If more than one employee or student worked on the project please submit all names with the entry. One prize will be awarded per entry, to be shared.
- You may submit as many entries as you like, but you will only be eligible for one prize.
- Winners will be determined by popular vote.
- Take good pictures! Make sure people can see what you have done.
- Your description should state what/how the items will be used in its new purpose.
- You don’t have to be a master crafter to enter or win. Some of the best projects are simple or unique projects that will inspire others to repurpose something in their own home.
- Visit the LiveGreen Pinterest page (under LiveGreen Nebraska) for ideas, inspiration, and helpful tricks.
- Voting will take place on Monday April 8th online. Voting will be open for 72 hours to allow for personnel on all shifts to vote.
- To vote, click on the survey link (which will be added to the top of this page) and select your favorite.
- All entrants will receive notification of the winners via email during Earth Week. Winners will be announced via Nebraska Medicine NOW and UNMC Today.
Prizes: (still being updated…)
- Union Junktion gift certificate & 20 minute chair massage from the Wellness Center ($20 Value)
- Gift certificate to The Company Store
- Gift Certificate to UNMC Bookstore