LiveGreen is excited to announce our full slate of Earth Month activities for this year! Each item is linked with all the details you need to know.
- Drawdown EcoChallenge: Visit the website to pledge to take a simple action, including educating yourself on a new topic. Join our team to earn points, win prizes, and make the planet better (oh, and help us beat UNO’s team for the 3rd challenge in a row). Invite your friends and family to participate on our team—the more the merrier!
- Educational campaign and scavenger hunt: Participate in our scavenger hunt to learn more about the resources available at LiveGreenNebraska.com and get entered for the chance to win a free Fontenelle Forest annual membership!
On-Campus/Virtual Med Center Events
Wednesday, April 14, 12pm – 1pm: Student webinar co-hosted with the Healthy Earth Alliance (HEAL). Join us to learn more about the Med Center’s sustainability goals, efforts to date, and plans for the future. Open to all but mostly geared toward students! Register here to receive the Zoom link and add this event to your calendar.
Thursday, April 22, 11am – 11:30am: Living Plastic-Free! Join us for a webinar with Brian Jefferis, who has almost completely eliminated plastic in his family’s household, and learn more about how plastic is everywhere and what we can do about it.
Tuesday, April 20th from 6am – 2pm and Wednesday, April 21st from 10am – 6pm: Personal Document Shredding and Electronic, Battery, and Techno Trash Recycling, hosted in collaboration with UNO. Bring your items and receive a free seedling or pack of Nebraska wildflowers (first come first serve). Details below:
- Who: All Nebraska Medicine, UNMC, Clarkson College, and UNO faculty, staff, and students are invited to this event. Valid I.D. Badge required. This event is not open to the public.
- What: Bring household confidential documents to be shredded, electronic equipment, single use/alkaline batteries, and techno-trash for recycling. Pop tabs and eyeglasses can be dropped off as well.
- When: Tuesday, April 20th from 6am – 2pm and Wednesday, April 21st from 10am – 6pm
- Where: UNMC Grounds Building (annex 23) in Lot 17, 4650 Jones Street. Enter by turning north onto 45th from Leavenworth Street. Follow signs northwest to Grounds Building. Enter drive through building on South side, exit to North, and onto Saddle Creek Rd. Click here to see a map.
All Month: Online Gardening Workshops through Growing Gardeners
Saturday, April 17th, time TBD: Mini Earth Day Omaha at Elmwood Park
Thursday, April 22nd from 9am – 4pm: Earth Day at Omaha Children’s Museum
Saturday, April 24th from 9am – 11:30am: Hummel Nature Center Clean-Up
Friday, April 30th, All Day: TREEmendous Arbor Day Celebration at Lauritzen Gardens