Thank you for voting! Your winners are:
- Grand Prize, Winner of popular vote:
- #1 Bret Gardner, MD/PhD Student; Cedar fence pieces into dining benches.
- Receives a 20 minute chair massage from the Wellness Center ($20 Value) and $25 Gift Card to Union Junktion Store.
- Second Place in popular vote:
- #31 Cynthia Pickinpaugh, Patient Financial Counselor, UNL Health Center; Toddler bed into garden bench
- Receives a $20 HyVee gift card courtesy of Sodexo
- Third Place in popular vote:
- #19 Deana Sorgenfrei, Prof Coding Sr. Assoc, Orthopaedic Revenue Cycle; Fire pit lid to solar gazebo chandelier
- Receives a hot/cold tumbler, Bobble filtering water bottle, and 8GB USB drive
- 2 Winners selected by LiveGreen Ambassadors:
- #11, Tuire Cechin, Program Coordinator for Path/Micro, IPID; Wall sheeting, lumber scraps, pallet pieces, netting, hollow plant stems into a pollinator house.
- Receives a $25 gift certificate to The UNMC Bookstore
- #4, Patty Ostronic, Volunteer Services Lead; Wedding Dress into pillows, tree skirt/bag, sachets, wreath, and rosary bag
- Receives a $25 gift certificate to The Company Store
All entries still shown here:
#1 Cedar panel fence pieces repurposed to become rustic dining benches.
#2 Old pajama pants become ‘man cave’ bolster pillows.
#3 Paper towel tube, PB, seed, and a little string makes a good bird feeder.
#4 Wedding dress was sealed up (in the way and not seen), so it has been repurposed to pillows, sachets, a Christmas tree skirt, bag for the tree skirt, wreath, and bag for rosary and wedding memories.
#5 Cloth flour sack repurposed to a curtain for a door.
#6 Creamer containers repurposed to keep bulk purchase items fresh and easy to dispense.
#7 Pickle bucket repurposed to a recycling container for small cardboard.
#8 Old pallet modified into a Halloween sign/decoration.
#9K-cup filters joined with embroidery floss and sewn into a custom holiday ornament.
#10 Bird cage and dog kennel decorated to become planters (with some protection and built in drip trays) and patio decorations.
#11 Leftover wall sheeting, lumber scraps, pallet pieces, netting scrap, and hollow plant stems combined to make a pollinator (bee) house in the garden.
#12 Gallon juice jugs make protective greenhouses for the garden.
#13 Wooden crates stacked/attached and cut, with leftover counter top modified to become a functional vanity.
#14 Plastic bottle cut with top placed into bottom because plant/seed starting pot with drainage reservoir.
#15 Pallet and netting turned into a movable compost bin.
#16 Broken concrete pieces from a patio and driveway replacement become a rock retaining wall.
#17 Fall themed candle holders from a variety of wine glasses, painted and with leftover floral leaves.
#18 Plant starter made from egg cartons with leftover lettuce and celery ends.
#19 Fire pit lid and solar lights becomes a chandelier for a gazebo.
#20 Pop bottles cut and painted as flowers, with scrap copper for stems; can be interior or exterior decorations.
#21 Giftbag with stickers and tape makes a waterproof and reinforced lunch bag.
#22 Old t-shirts and denim jeans repurposed as a quilt (and memory keepsake).
#23 Copy paper box and lids allow for custom height, ergonomic sitting and leg propping for stretching/pain relief.
#24 Coffee creamer container keeps sunflower seeds contained and easy to travel to baseball games.
#25 Old Propane grill custom painted and then turned into a planter.
#26 Pallet edge rounded and hung on a fence to deer-proof a garden.
#27 Old ceiling fan parts repurposed into a dragonfly decoration.
#28 Old 5 panel door and leftover crown molding turned into a headboard.
#29 Old entertainment console modified to work for a new flatscreen.
#30 Old urban-chicken coop turned into yard art.
#31 Old toddler bed with foot board cut in half to become arms, old planks for a base, and leftover paint becomes a bench for plants and yard art critters.